PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF) is aimed to support SMEs by preserving their capacity and assisting them to undertake the necessary investments to adjust and remain viable post COVID-19.
- Working capital and/or
- Capital expenditure
- Refinancing of up to 50% of total financing approved
Note: 50% of financing approved can be used to refinance existing business financing (existing business financing excludes financing obtained under BNM’s Fund for SMEs)
- Malaysian SMEs in the core tourism and tourism-related sectors which are either:
- SMEs as defined by SME Corp Malaysia; or
- Licensed by/registered with MOTAC.
- The eligible sectors are as follows:
- Core tourism:
- Tourism accommodation premises (e.g. budget hotels, registered homestays, chalets and resorts)
- Travel agencies & tour operators; and
- Transportation for tourists (e.g. bus, boat and car rental operators)
- Tourism-related sectors:
- Medical tourism
- MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conference, Exhibitions) ecosystem
- Money services businesses (MSB) – applicable to money changing operators who mainly serve inbound and outbound tourists; and
- Capacity building institutions which are primarily set up to provide tourism related courses/training and licensed by or registered with MOTAC
- Tourism-related retail, recreation and wellness that can justify significant reliance on tourists.
- Core tourism:
Special Relief Facility (SRF) and PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) recipients are eligible for the PTF.
- Commodity Murabahah Term Financing-i (CMTF-i)
- Cash Line-i
- Ijarah Thummulbai'ITB
- Up to RM300,000 per SME
- 3.5% p.a (inclusive of guarantee fee)
- Up to 80% for machinery/equipment
- Up to 100% for Working Capital
- Up to 7 years including 6 months moratorium
- Up to 80% guarantee cover from Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan (SJPP); and
- Personal guarantees/ joint and several guarantees/ corporate guarantees
- No other collateral shall be imposed for the financing
- Takaful/insurance coverage is mandatory iff the asset is given as security for the financing (if applicable). You have the option to select the service offered by our panel Takaful operators or non-panel Takaful operators.
- Past Financial Statement available (Latest Management Account); OR latest 6 months bank’s statements.
- Copy of NRIC (Customer and/or partners).
- Business Registration Document.
- Trading License (for businesses operating in Sabah & Sarawak).
- Partnership Mandate Letter.
Any further enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Centre at 03-2603 7700