HTF-NIA is aimed at supporting high-tech and innovation-driven SMEs affected by COVID-19 to recover and revitalise the nation’s innovation capacity. It supports high tech and innovation-driven SMEs affected by COVID-19 that are best aligned to strategic long-term development goals embedded in the National Investment Aspirations (NIAs). This is to strengthen Malaysia’s competitive positioning in global value chains, preserve the supply chain ecosystem and safeguard high-skilled jobs.
- Capital expenditures (CAPEX) and/or
- Working Capital
Viable Malaysian SMEs in the following subsectors;
- Within manufacturing and services subsectors with high National Investment Aspirations (NIAs) scores:
- Electrical and Electronics (E&E);
- Chemicals (including pharmaceuticals and refined petroleum);
- Optical Scientific Equipment and Medical Equipment
- Machinery & Equipment (including Robotics, Drones, and Industry 4.0 technologies);
- Transport equipment covering aerospace; vehicle and parts; manufacturers involved in global supply chains or transitioning towards future mobility and green technology;
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT); and
- Research & Development (R&D) services.
SMEs involved in existing innovation programmes by the Government for a range of critical technologies, from undertaking R&D, technology co-creation to technology licensing for development purposes. This would also include late stage tech-start-ups under Government programmes that are developing critical technologies and ready to graduate to bank-based financing.
As a start, the following list of programmes have been identified:
- MDEC’s Global Acceleration and Innovation Network (GAIN);
- MOSTI’s National Technology and Innovation Sandbox (NTIS) and Research and Development Fund; and
- MARii’s technology partners involved in the design and development of solutions related to IR4.0 technologies.
All eligible programmes will be updated periodically at: www.bnm.gov.my/covid19
Recipients of Special Relief Facility (SRF), PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) and/or PENJANA Tourism Financing (PTF) and Targeted Relief and Recovery Financing (TRRF) are eligible for the HTF-NIA, for the purpose of financing capital expenditure only.
- Commodity Murabahah Term Financing-i (CMTF-i)
- Ijarah Thummal Bai’ Financing (ITB)
- Revolving Credit-i
- Cash Line-i
- Up to RM 1.0 million per SME for working capital; or
- Up to RM5.0 million per SME for CAPEX or a combination of working capital and CAPEX
- Up to 3.5% p.a, for financing without guarantee; or
- Up to 5.0 % p.a. inclusive of any guarantee fee
- Up to 80% for machinery/equipment
- Up to 100% for working capital
- Up to 7 years
- Guarantee cover from Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan (SJPP) or Credit Guarantee Corporation (CGC).
- Any other collateral acceptable by the Bank; and
- Personal guarantees/ joint and several guarantees/ corporate guarantees
- Takaful/insurance coverage is mandatory iff the asset is given as security for the financing (if applicable). You have the option to select the service offered by our panel Takaful operators or non-panel Takaful operators.
Any further enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Centre at 03-2603 7700