Own shares in other Shariah compliant companies to expand or strengthen your business.
Who can apply for this program?.
- Applicant must be a Small & Medium Enterprise Companies registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia with a minimum of 51% Bumiputera equity ownership (“Acquirer”) and:
- CEO / MD must be a Bumiputera.
- Majority of the management team are Bumiputeras.
- Existing or new company are eligible to apply.
- Acquirer must be able to demonstrate that it has the relevant expertise, experience, or personnel to manage and / or grow the acquiree business post acquisition.
- Shareholding in the acquiree company post-acquisition must be at least 51%.
- Fulfilled other eligibility criteria set by SME Bank.
- Financing of Shariah complaint shares / equity up to 90% of purchase price.
- Financing facilities is based on Commodity Murabahah (Tawarruq) or any other acceptable Shariah contracts.
Financing instruments and payment period
- Memorandum of Deposit and Charge over the ordinary shares of the customer and / or the ordinary shares acquired by the Acquirer.
- Joint & Several Guarantee by the Directors and Individual Shareholders of the Acquirer.
- Maximum financing tenure is up to 15 years.
- As low as Base Financing Rate (BFR). BFR is subject to change from time to time.